• In Brisbane, as well as Australia in general, drivers drive on the left side of the road.
• Free two-hour parking is available on many streets in the CBD but the major roads become clearways (parking is prohibited) during the mornings and afternoon rush hours. Always read the signs to determine the parking times as Brisbane’s parking inspectors are ruthless.
• Parking is free during the evenings.
• There are big commercial parking lots which charge $7 on average per hour. King’s Parking (3229 4377) operates several lots in the city.
• Queensland’s motoring association is the RACQ which provides insurance, maps and a breakdown service.