This information can be obtained by either visiting the web sites of the major monuments or by googling the term “tour operators” along with the name of the city.
At the visitor center, one can book half or full day tours. Generally speaking, the half day tours cover sightseeing highlights.
1. Mike's Garden Tours (tel./fax 09/846-5350;
2. Tamaki Hikoi (tel. 0800/282-552 in NZ) – walking tour of the Maori area.
3. Bush & Beach (tel. 09/837-4130)– coastal experience tour.
4. Potiki Adventures (tel. 0800/692-3836 in NZ). – specializes in Maori tours.
5. Fullers Auckland, Ferry Building, Quay Street (tel. 09/367-9111)- water tours.
6. The Pride of Auckland, at the National Maritime Museum, Quay Street (tel. 09/373-4557;) offers a dinner cruise.
7. Soren Larsen (tel. 0800/767-365 in NZ, or 09/817-8799;), for tall ship tours available December through February.
8. Sail New Zealand (tel. 0800/397-567 in NZ, or 09/359-5987;),
9. Island Escape Cruises (tel. 09/358-1717; ) for longer cruises.
The Brooklyn Museum is the second largest in New York City, after the Met, and one of the largest in the United States. In recent years it has struggled somewhat with its identity and stagnant attendance figures (around half a million per year), but it is still a world class museum. The Egyptian and pre-Colombian collections stand out, but their modern collections are also excellent. ...
New Zealand's First and only indoor ski resort. Open 365 days a year. Hours: Daily 9am-midnight Address: 91 Small Rd Location: Silverdale Phone : 09/427-0044 Prices: Admission for 1 hr. NZ$36, adults, NZ$30, children under 12; day pass NZ$50, adults, NZ$45, children under 12. Rental equipment and clothing available for extra cost ...
The Hong Kong Cultural Center is located on Salisbury Road in the South western tip of Tsimshatsui of Kowloon district. This is the center to visit for a variety of cultural experiences. The Hong Kong Philhamornic Orchestra is based out of the concert hall which can accommodate 2,019 people. This two tiered structure is done in oak and has incredible acoustics. It has an 8000 pipe organ which is A...
Address: About halfway to the Medeu Ice Skating Rink If you are going by car, there is a picnic spot waiting for you before (or after) you spend that unforgettable evening at the rink. About halfway up the mountainside you will come to a river crossing with a clearing in the forest and the mountain peaks all around. Stop here. It is an amazing resting spot – you might even prefer spending th...